Sunday, June 27, 2010

Things I probably shouldn't know

When you first become a Mommy, there is so much you don't know. It is so scary to bring that first newborn home; you have so many questions and nobody really has any answers. Everyone just says that you will "figure it out" And it is so true. You learn so many new things just by being a Mommy. You learn how to take care of a child and fit this new blessing into your existing life. You learn so many new things. Here are a few things I have learned that I probably shouldn't even know.

1. Newborns sleep best either in your bed or in your arms

2. Jellybeans are a great way to convince a toddler to go poop on the potty.

3. Thirty minutes of Dora will guarantee that my daughter isn't going anywhere. If I need to get something done, such as put my son down for a nap, I just have to put on Dora. I feel completely confident that she won't be getting into anything.

4. Dora will also occupy a 3 month old when trying to get the other child dressed and ready to head out the door.

5. One diaper will last through an entire night for a baby - usually.

6. The cost of a meal for myself and my daughter at McDonald's is $10.10

7. A long drive will help you avoid struggling to get the baby to nap.

8. If you have a toddler, a Sonic drink will satisfy her while driving the baby around for a nap.

9. My daughter's favorite Sonic drink is a Cherry Limeade.

10. Milk that has been sitting out in a sippy cup for most of the day won't make your child sick

11. Eating watercolors won't make her sick either

12. Individual Horizon Vanilla Milk is a great way to get a toddler to enjoy the grocery store

13. My son will play in his crib for at least 30 minutes in the morning

14. Samples (and a milk) at the grocery store are enough to fill a toddler so she doesn't need a separate lunch

15. Frozen chicken nuggets are microwaved 30 seconds on each side

16. Gymbucks redemption starts July 15th (July 14th if you are a rewards member)

No comments:

Post a Comment