Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Good Mommy Monday

I know it is already Tuesday. I am not that far behind. But I had this great idea to do a Good Mommy Monday post, but when I sat down last night to write, my Internet was broken! So, I will go ahead and do my post one day late.

I came up with the idea to dedicate one post a week to things that are going well in my life as a Mommy. Honestly, I rarely feel as though I have anything together. But despite that my family continues to thrive and bring immense joy to my life. I fully recognize that these posts are for my benefit only. How often have we as moms wanted to write down everything we accomplished in one day just to prove that our job may look easy but is really a lot of responsibility. I guess I just need to feel better about myself. So, for now I will dedicate each Monday to bragging!

Let's see if I can remember yesterday....

We didn't do much. Just hung around the house for most of the morning. Our normal morning routine is after breakfast, I let my daughter watch a little Dora while I get the baby down for a nap. Then, I clean the kitchen and sit down to drink coffee and check email (and by email I mean facebook and my blogs :) ) After 2 Dora's (or maybe 3 if I am feeling lazy) we turn the TV off and play. I was actually able to complete almost 3 loads of laundry yesterday during play time! And I even had time to sing a little Jingle Bells and play some instruments. When baby's nap was over, we all piled in the car for the grocery store. We made it through the store with no melt downs and no crying. I did basically feed my daughter lunch in the store. She loves samples. Yesterday's menu was pasta salad, smoked turkey, olive loaf, a slice of ham and pineapple cake. After our real lunch at home, I actually got both kids down for a nap at the same time. (I use the term nap loosely in my house. This will have to be a post on it's own. My daughter doesn't always sleep but at least stays in her room for a time of rest.) I had over 2 hours to myself! In that time I paid bills, finished laundry, emptied the dishwasher, loaded the dishwasher, put up the rest of the groceries, and did my Bible study. I probably also spent some time on the Internet. Yet, I still managed to not squeeze in a shower. But my most proud moment of the day? Dinner time. Because my daughter didn't have a nap, she needed to be in bed early. So, I managed to feed both kids and get dinner cooked for myself and my husband all by myself - without turning on the TV! All I had to do was march around the kitchen, singing "Boom-de-ah-da" That may seem trivial but, trust me, it is not. 4:30 - 6:00 is the WORST time of day. Once my husband was home, we had both kids in bed my 7:30! That is a special bonus on Monday nights because then I get to watch The Bachelorette! Oh, the simple pleasures in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment