Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lists

Have you seen the 10 Day You Challenge that is going around on different blogs? I have no idea where it started and I'm probably not supposed to be stealing ideas from other people, but I've seen it a few times and I'm too new to blogging to know how to properly give credit in the blog world.

I'm such a sucker for lists. I'm one of those people who has to fight the urge to fill out every list survey I get in email. But I dont usually fill them out because I figure very few people actually care about my favorite flavor of ice cream or the last person I kissed. In fact, I should probably have a blog that is only lists.

Actually, that's not a bad idea....

Any way, this "Challenge" I have seen in blogs is right up my alley. It is a set of ten lists: ten secrets, nine loves, eight fears, seven wants, six places, five foods, four books, three films, two songs and one picture of yourself. Since my blog is technically not just about me but about being a mom, I thought I would try this challenge with a mom twist.

So, here I go: Ten Secrets

1. I get really bored when playing with my kids. Even though watching their imagination is one of my all time favorite things, I can only pretend to go on a picnic so many times. I would rather just observe.

2. I am looking forward to my daughter going to preschool. I have heard so many mothers talk about how much they are going to miss their preschoolers. Although it will be sad to see my baby starting this next phase of her life, I am actually really excited about a few hours of her doing something that is not with me.

3. I let my kids watch too much TV every day that we spend at home. The truth is, we spend SO much time running around and going places, that I don't feel too guilty when we spend a day watching a few too many shows.

4. I gained 42 lbs with my first pregnancy and 54 with my second. Although I hated having to lose the weight, I love eating anything I want.

5. I get a really huge belly when I pregnant, and I love it. Secretly, I would hate to be a tiny pregnant person. I want to start "showing" right away.

6. I let my daughter eat and drink in the living room. My husband doesn't really like this but I don't think it's worth the battle. I just make sure to clean up the crumbs before he comes home.

7. I miss my old job. I taught Deaf children and was really proud of what I did. I like that it was unique. Most people who know me now just know me as a mom.

8. I get really disappointed on the days my daughter naps. If she doesn't nap, I get to put her in bed by 7:30. I love the early bedtime. I always use that time to catch up on my reality television.

9. I don't believe in making kids eat things. Although my daughter is required to try what I am serving for dinner and can only have treats if she chooses to eat healthy foods, I'm not going to have food battles. That is one thing I learned in my early childhood classes: they won't starve and they won't go to prom in a diaper. I secretly get really annoyed when parents force their kids to eat something.

10. I can't wait to have another baby. In fact, I'm counting down the days until it's time to start trying. I have about 208 days to go.

2 comments:

  1. hey emmy! you surprised me #10, haha! i have to say i totally agree about preschool. it is GOOD. the only thing bad about ours is that pick-up conflicts with will's naptime sometimes. i actually love naptime, and if will doesn't nap, i feel like i'm gonna stroke out or something. lol. however, as good as preschool is, kindergarten felt a little like have a piece of my heart ripped out... i would like to say i'm over it, but i'm not sure! it just felt like the beginning of the end. glad you're back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I can relate to so many of these! Love your honesty on your blog :) Too many of us moms walk around either judging others or holding ourselves to unattainable standards. I'm working on being set free from a list of my own expectations of myself. It's a difficult process!

    ReplyDelete