Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Motivation

I'm having one of those super motivated afternoons. You know the kind where you feel like you could conquer the world (and your kids and household). I get these feelings every now and then and always swear that this time I really will keep up with everything I need to do. I usually make a series of lists (I obsessively write lists even on ordinary days) and prepare to get back in a routine. I think my motivation today was a direct result of both of my kids napping for over 2 hours - at the same time! Here is a list of some of the things I decided to change in my life:

1. I will clean up the kitchen COMPLETELY every night after dinner. That includes wiping down the high chair and removing random pieces of food from the kid's seats (i.e. dumping it on the floor so the dog can eat it)

2. I will be better about making my daughter pick up her toys immediately after she uses them instead of having a huge cleaning party every couple of days

3. I will do my Bible study every day. I started a One Year Bible study almost exactly one year ago. I picked up the study in the middle, on August 21st, and am currently on the readings for December 20th. At this rate it will only take me three more years to complete it.

4. I will lose these last 15 pounds. This is a post of it's own.

5. I will follow my cleaning schedule. I have an elaborate house cleaning schedule that includes "zones" and daily chores. I'm pretty sure my favorite part of this cleaning routine was making the schedule and all of the lists that go with it.

6. I will vacuum the house twice a week.....no, I probably won't.

7. I will wipe down my bathroom counters everyday after taking my shower and putting on make-up. I used to do this before kids and it really does make a huge difference in your life - especially if you shed like me.

8. I will exercise. When? I haven't quite figured that out yet.

9. I will put away clothes as soon as they are out of the dryer. I will no longer throw clothes that I know are clean into the dirty clothes basket just because I don't feel like hanging them up.


Just a few of my motivations for today. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Emmy...this post CRACKS me up. THIS IS ME!! I can't believe you were brave enough to even admit to yourself that you put clean clothes in the dirty laundry just bc you don't want to put them up...yikes, I do that and I hadn't even admitted it to myself! hahaha A few weeks ago, I made this elaborate plan and schedule for cleaning...and I enjoyed the heck out of making lists and color-coordinating post-its on my wall calendar...and have I followed it? One week is all I made! agh!

    ReplyDelete